Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Tuesday/Wednesday February 15/16, 2011

Book 2 of Greek & Latin roots BEGINS! We're starting with Mono/Uni. (Don't forget to write the vocab in your notebook.)

Students are reminded that my expectations are much higher for the quality of your work this half of the year. You will only earn 4 out of 4 points if your commitment to language arts homework is truly evident. It is still easy to earn full credit; you just have to do a good job.

I am looking for NEAT work, well executed pictures for part C (you DO NOT have to be an artist, but you MUST show that it matters) and an overall appearance of effort and concern. Paragraphs will be 5-7 sentences. Sentences will be worthy of an eighth grader heading to high school. Gone are the days of the "My cat is my friend. He likes to sleep in my room at night. I hope to keep my cat forever." I expect better vocabulary and support for the statements you make.

You can do it!